Well, it was actually on May 21 but my nephew had his baptism this weekend and since we had a chance to get together since we are so spread out we decided to give this to our parents yesterday so now I can share it with everyone else too!
When we were little my mom would do these aprons for our teachers at the end of the year with all the kids hand prints and so my sister Karrie had the idea of doing a quilt with our hand prints for our parents anniversary. So I came up with this idea of the family trees and hands as each families leaves around my parents in the center as the trunk. It evolved and turned out just right I think, a good keepsake for my parents to see how far they have come. I back stitched all the writing on the quilt and the names over the hand prints so that we didn't forget whose was whose! For me it was a huge accomplishment to design this quilt and have it turn out the way it did. I was actually surprised that I didn't spend a few days unpicking! I was just grateful to make it for my parents, they knew how much work that took and appreciated it.
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! We love you so much and are grateful that all that you have done for our forever family!
that turned out so great!
ReplyDelete