Sunday, November 29, 2009

Oh, the Places You'll Go!


Just happened to be reading this book to my little "Lou Who" this morning and couldn't help but find a level of relating....

Oh, the places you'll go!
There is fun to be done!
There are points to be scored
There are games to be won....

Except when they don't.
Because, sometimes, they won't.

I'm afraid that some times
you'll play lonely games too.
Games you can't win
'cause you'll play against you.

All Alone!
Whether you like it or not,
Alone will be something
you'll be quite a lot.

And when you're alone, there's a very good chance
you'll meet things that scare you right out of your pants.
There are some, down the road between hither and yon,
that can scare you so much you won't want to go on.

But you will go though the weather be foul.
On you will go though your enemies prowl.
On you will go though the Hakken-Kraks howl.
Onward up many a frightening creek,
though your arms may get sore
and your sneakers may leak.

On and on you will hike. And I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems whatever they are.

....So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

...And will you succeed?
.............................................................................

Will I succeed?
It's not really a question. It's a place, a crossroads, a choice. I saw an embroidery once with this quote from the Harry Potter series(probably my favorite)

"It is not our abilities that show what we truly are; it is our choices" - Albus Dumbledore

I think that everyone gets to these places in life, it's just life for all of us. Some relate-able but bottom line specific sequences of places only for that person. That is just our Heavenly Father's plan of HAPPINESS believe it or not. But I still can't seem to see the map. Are my eyes closed or is it a matter of faith? One step in the direction of my choice....

Where are you loving man,
to hold my hand?
It's there but it's not.
So I can believe and see the map ahead.

Give it to me straight. You always do.
But even from where you are, it's just not the same.
And right now alone is just so alone.
And even if I get there,
where are you loving man?

There are no answers for me right now
But the spark of life comes,
from the hand that is there yet not there.
And your gentle eyes that aren't there but eternally are.

Now I can choose. Now I can see.
Though I am under the mountain
I know it will move somehow
Just not today.

It is you that knows my strength
You see me.
So I look through those eyes
That is my one step today.
That is my one choice today.
That step will get me out from under the mountain.
So 'til tomorrow...

..............................................................................

I have been reading Dr. Seuss since before I could read! My dad used to read me the Sneeches all the time. I read it to my kids now and it still is some of my favorite books. Thanks for the push Dr. Seuss. At the end of this book he says...

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)

Kid, You'll Move Mountains!

So....
....Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!


3 comments:

  1. great thought!

    loved loved loved your little girls dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Seuss is a genius. Someday I hope to have all of his books. My kids love them too.
    Miss you like crazy! Love your journal. Its a good insight into how you're doing.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete