can't believe that my last post was in May! Well, I have nothing creative to post about, just a little summary of the last 3 months of my life. They say that the 3 most traumatic things to go through in life are Death, birth of a child, and moving. Well, besides death I will have experienced 2 of those things fairly close together and oh yeah, add on that my husband just returned from Afghanistan! Yep, home at 6 pm and went into labor at 2 am the next morning! What timing my "Little Lad" had. My whole world just flipped over, for the better of course! But I just didn't understand or realize what kind of adjusting that would take! Never in my wildest dreams and there were moments that I was sure I was not going to be able to crawl out of the chaos that was starting to bury me but here I am and I made it. And the fractions of minutes I had to do SMALL things that I liked to do would have to suffice because my mom warned me for years that on the 3rd child, there would be no time for my therapeutic hobbies as I call them. Well, now that the Lad is getting up to par on everything and nearly sleeping for long stretches at night so I don't feel like a psychopath I am starting to see the light at the end of the newborn baby tunnel. But I also realized that I have the ability unfortunately to only dedicate myself to one thing at a time otherwise it just doesn't get done and is messy. Did I finish 2008 before the husband got home? no BUT way ahead of the game! And I have discovered my love for scrapbooking(thank you to my Cricut!) I had a divine experience this last week attending the temple with my soldier for the first time since he has been back and it is an amazing and comforting thing to feel the Lord telling you that all things are possible within reason and that I should find joy in the one thing that I get accomplished as opposed to being disappointed with the 9 others that didn't.
I spent last night feeling so sorry for myself and guilty and overwhelmed. After talking to my dad he told me about his night last night and how he had to tell a family that their 12 year old son was dead and how it broke my dad's heart how destroyed his family was to get the news. I know that I'm human and my small feelings are important but it is the perspective that helps me to be grateful for my green grass growing beneath my own feet and my families feet and that it tastes wonderful!
Have a wonderful Sunday-
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment