Saturday, July 31, 2010

And they don't even know!

I will be the first to tell you that I was too lazy to do this for a long time! So my husband and I just decided to do it since we are all trying to eat more healthy and get in shape and it has been going fabulous! Now it's not that hard anymore and I know what I am doing and how the substitutions and secrets are and find my way around normal recipes. They LOVE it!! The puffed rice treats are a big hit in the house. I even use a little Giant Rice Crispies Cereal with it since it is Multi-grain. The Aloha Chicken Kabobs I have done quite a few times now and I make enough to freeze for another night. We have those almost once a week along with Taco Tuesdays in our house! I loved the Chocolate Chip Cookies and Lemon Blueberry Muffins and so did everyone else. There are just so many easy ways to put veggies and fruits in their meals without them knowing. The best was the box Mac and Cheese I used 1/2 cup pureed cauliflower instead of milk and they didn't even know! They loved it. So much more fiber too has been easy to put in also. Flax seed meal is so good for you and I put it in a lot of our meals. The Chicken Nuggets were also a big success and I can make them ahead! We look up other recipes online as well and the kids have started to eat a lot more different things which they NEVER have done before!

So I just wanted to toot my own horn a bit and hopefully give others the encouragement to start the system of just keeping pureed veggies in the freezer to throw into their recipes. I am so happy that I started it and plan on keeping it up. I have done a lot but can do all my purees in one day(all day of course) but I know it is getting my kids a little more than they would normally eat and makes me feel great to succeed in that!

1 comment:

  1. So funny! I just starting reusing my Sneaky Chef book and we are also having some success! I have been very sneaky and no one is any the wiser!

    ReplyDelete