Sunday, October 3, 2010

Return of the Shannon...

Yes, I have been away. But now I am working on returning. Well, maybe not returning because I don't want to go backward but returning in the sense of remembering to post the good of my life so that I can remember it. Pathetic, but I'm sobbing writing this. I've been under water for the past 4 months and most of it is honestly glorious now that I look back on it. It is the life that I had hoped for but had no idea how wonderful it really was, I've never felt so loved!! Just the Lad's giggles and smiles make my day. But I needed to get this moment off my mind and just say that I am ready to stop beating myself up for unrealistic expectations of MYSELF by MYSELF and praising myself for the realistic life that I have...I do have it. I have been fighting a battle in a way inside my mind and sometimes your kids/spouse bare the brunt of your exhaustion, frustration, drama, whatever negative that you don't sometimes deal with so well. But today I was spiritually fed and given a sweet moment with my children, that they love me not just because I'm their mom, but because I love them like a mom should and sacrifice for them to know that I love them. And I'm honored to be able to do it and be their mom, even though I am really tired most of the time. How isn't these days?!

Being optimistic and happy doesn't come naturally to me but today I learned that it is through prayer that I will learn to have a more grateful and hopefully happy heart. Because my Father in Heaven loves me and I have put my trust in him and if he didn't trust me, he wouldn't have sent 3 amazing spirits to me as children and a husband to support and care for. That is all I needed to know, was that I had the talents given to me to be a great mom. Now I need to endure the hard so I can magnify them.

I'm not always going to have time to detail my blessings everyday, I have 3 kids and am a single mom often without notice and for long periods of time. BUT i will be resuming my gratitude list! I challenge everyone that reads this to do the same with a morning and evening prayer and you will see the difference I'm sure! Let me know:) Thanks for waiting for me to come back! And yes, I will find a way to sew and scrapbook again, only when life is simple enough for me to do it and if it doesn't get done then it was because I was doing something else wonderful in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment