Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coupon shop trip #2


$28!!!

Some of you have asked, how do I do this!? well, a good friend is teaching me the ropes because she has been a bargain and coupon shopper for a while and has it down! It's like speaking a new language almost and understanding the little "rules" that go with it. It does take time to find the deals but these are the things that I have learned...

1. Find a grocery store that doubles coupons regularly and then on special occasions they will have a triple/double week(triple any under $1 and double anything $1 and more), ours is Harris Teeter. With these they have store specials that when you combine the coupon and store specials, it becomes almost free! Most will double up to a certain amount and they can limit how many coupons you use in one day so you just have to learn all of the factors.

2. It's about stock piling. You may not need it now, but if it's something you use and you can get it for less than $1 then why not! Then you have it and the funny thing is I always remember what things I bought for the sale item and it makes me feel good!

3. Organized coupon book with coupons from online and the Sunday paper. This is where it takes time. But it pays off!

The second time was easier for me to figure out what Dawn was telling me and I feel confident that the next triple double week I will be ready for!

1 comment:

  1. the post paper on tues or wens. has coupons in it too (which is free),

    ReplyDelete