





This was a huge accomplishment for me. Miles was turning 3 years old and Ellie was soon to be born and I decided to make him a special twin blanket for his new bed so that he felt excited about the transition. He just loves clone troopers from Star and this really evolved and because contagious for me to do more and more and more! I copied pictures that I found online of clone troopers and their vehicles on to white muslin and then stitched them with pearl cotton. It took me a year to get it all done(and I had a baby that year!) and was a really fun and huge project to do. When I started designing this, I had a collection of the fabric that came out with the Episodes 1, 2, and 3 and loved the black and white clone trooper in the panel and envisioned this border of clone troopers so that meant I had to cut out the individual clone troopers out of the fabric panel and then sew them together for the border. It turned out just exactly the way I wanted it to and was a perfect border for the loud colors in the rest of the fabric and accented the images on white background.
I had this machine quilted by Robin's Nest, my usual:) she is wonderful, and I brought some sketches of images of a clone trooper mask and Vadar's Tie Fighter and she was able to quilt those images into the colored background! I was so happy with this and I happen to take this to church to show some of my quilting friends and they put it on the wall to look at and Miles came to get me and got a little upset and was afraid that I was going to leave it there! He loves it and I told him that it doesn't leave the house and when he turns 18 then we will renegotiate the contract:)
Thats amazing...such a talented woman!
ReplyDelete